Production Assistant: cutting main activity
Are you a motivated worker with good 3D insight and do you want to cut our 4 m x 1.20 m x 1 m blocks with our machines? Then this vacancy is definitely for you!
Using computer-controlled cutting machines, you will cut Airpop® blocks (styrofoam) into the correct shape. You will receive on-the-job training.
You will receive a list with the dimensions of the pieces. You select a block from which the pieces can be obtained while paying attention to being efficient and saving on material. You position this block on the machine and you accurately position the heating wires of the machine at the correct place. You load the supplied cutting file. While the block is machine cut into form pieces, you already look for a new block for the next specified size or you package the previously cut pieces.
In relation to products consisting of several pieces, you cut the various pieces and assemble them correctly in accordance with the drawing. You must, of course, carefully check your work. You should check concrete formwork based on the concrete piece that will be poured inside.
You have the following competences, skills and personality:
- You have a good and practice-focused 3D insight (such as a quick thinker when it comes to a perspective view).
- You are calm and not prone to stress.
- You can quickly read a 3D drawing.
- You can gauge whether a piece is sufficiently large to get a specific form from it.
- You can work focused and accurately and this while multi-tasking.
- You can, in due course, cut a list with sizes independently.
- You act decisively and are self-confident.
- If the work starts to show mistakes, you notice them and can correct them. Your physical health is good (no back complaints).
Would you like to come for an interview?
Training will be on-the-job. However, good spatial awareness is essential.
- Contract for an indefinite period.
- Hours: full-time.
- Challenging and satisfying job.
- Specify your own speed yourself.
Twinplast is a leading producer of Airpop® (styrofoam or EPS) packaging (for example, packaging used in self-assembly furniture), concrete formwork (for example, bricklaying masonry arches for round windows in a house) and decoration pieces (for example, decoration parts of Tomorrowland) and trays in PP and PS (for example, trays for internal transport of bodywork parts). Our goal is to give shape to the ideas of our customers. The company is a family-run SME that employs 25 people established in the Mechelen area in Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-Waver on the E-19 motorway halfway between Antwerp and Brussels.